Fake Potato (Celeriac) Gratin, Onion & Pasta
- Remove the pasta pieces from the Mac and cheese and set aside for later – soak the macaroni in at least 100ml boiling water for at least 1 hr before you wish to prepare it. Leaving it all day to soak is fine (you may need to top up the boiling water if left all day).
- Preheat oven to 190C
- Par boil celeriac slices for approx 10 mins
- Dry fry sliced onions.
- Layer celeriac and onions in a dish.
- Mix the separated cheese powder mix with approx 100ml of water and pour over the celeriac and onions
- Sprinkle black pepper on the top
- Cook for approx 20-25 mins or until top is golden and crispy
- Drain macaroni and microwave pasta if it needs it and serve with your gratin.